Mergers & Acquisitions
Witherspoon Kelley’s Mergers and Acquisitions lawyers serve as outside general counsel for many of our clients, and regularly act as lead or special counsel on public and private company mergers and acquisitions. For the past five to ten years, Witherspoon Kelley has served as lead counsel in the acquisition and sales of companies in merger and acquisition transactions valued at over $500 million.
- Representation of Sterling Financial Corporation in 19 acquisition transactions, most recently:
- Sterling’s acquisition of Klamath First Bancorp, Inc.
- Sterling’s acquisition of Golf Savings Bank
- Sterling’s acquisition of FirstBank Northwest
- Sterling’s acquisition of Sonoma National Bank
- Representation of Empire Health Services in its acquisition by Community Health Systems