Steven J. Dixson
- J.D., University of Washington, 2006
- B.S., Santa Clara University, 2000, summa cum laude
Steven Dixson has experience in a wide variety of litigation and corporate legal matters. Prior to joining Witherspoon Kelley, Steven was a consultant for Kellogg, Huber, Hansen, Todd, Evans & Figel, P.L.L.C., and assisted in antitrust litigation brought by the State of California. Before attending law school, Steven served as an Assistant to the Dean of Students with Gonzaga University’s Gonzaga-in-Florence Program in Florence, Italy.
Steven has experience in commercial and business litigation, including contract claims and business torts, with media law, including access to public records and defamation issues, and employment law, including wrongful termination, wrongful discharge, employee benefits and wage claims. Steven also has significant professional negligence and malpractice experience, including specific representations in the medical, architectural, and construction industries. He has participated in several seminars in media law, and professional negligence, including the Washington State Public Records Act and issues related to medical record production.
- Licensed to practice in Washington
- Licensed to practice in Idaho
- Joined Witherspoon Kelley in 2006
- Washington State Super Lawyers “Rising Star, ” 2011-2018
- Washington State Bar, 2011 Pro Bono Publico Service Commendation
- “Construction and Business Litigation for the General Practitioner,” featured speaker, 2008
- “What You Need to Know About Public Records and Open Meetings,” featured speaker, 2008
- Northwest Human Resources Managers Legislative Update, featured speaker, 2007
- Washington State Bar - Public Records Deskbook, Chapter Author, “Public Records Requests”, 2013
- Spokane County Medical Journal, article, “The Good Samaritan Law Aids Project Access,” 2005
- Cloninger v. Chen, et al., Spokane County Cause No. 11-2-04888-2 (successful defense of hospital in $12 million wrongful death claim) (appeal pending Wa. Ct. of Appeals, Div. III, Cause No. 318338-III).
- Doe v. Reed, 130 S.Ct. 2811 (2010) (upholding Washington’s Public Records Act against First Amendment Challenge).
- State v. Waldon, 148 Wash.App. 952 (2009) (construction of constitutional standards before sealing court records).
- Rental Housing Association of Puget Sound v. City of Des Moines, 165 Wn.2d 525 (2009) (Washington Public Records Act).
- Sterling Savings v. United States, U.S. Ct. of Federal Claims 95-829C (complex litigation involving claimed breach of federal banking status by United States government)(litigated 2008).
- United States District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Washington
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Washington
- Federal Bar Association
- Spokane County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Trustee
- Washington Coalition for Open Government, former Board Member
- Washington State Bar Association
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers