Amy M. Mensik
Primary Practice: Labor & Employment
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 2011
- B.A., Washington State University, 2006, summa cum laude
Amy Mensik focuses her practice on labor and employment law, specifically, discrimination, retaliation, disability accommodation as well as employment-related corporate compliance, such as compliance with paid sick leave and other leave laws. In addition, Amy is experienced in commercial litigation.
Prior to joining Witherspoon Kelley, Amy worked in Seattle defending and representing various clients, insurers and industries in employment disputes. She is also a frequent presenter before businesses and HR professionals on employment law topics.
- Licensed to practice in Washington
- Joined Witherspoon Kelley in 2014
- Named as a “Washington Rising Star”, Super Lawyers® Magazine
- University of Washington School of Law: Washington Law Review, Chief Managing Editor (2010-2011); Editorial Staff (2009-2010), Moot Court: Champion, 1L Mock Trial Competition (2008); Best Speaker, 4th Place Overall, Unemployment Compensation Clinic Intern (2010-2011)
- Washington State University: Mock Trial Team: Member of first team to advance to national competition (2005-2006), College of Liberal Arts Outstanding Graduating Senior, History (2006), Student Legal Service Associate Director (2005-2006); Intern (2004-2005)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- Secretary, Federal Bar Association, Eastern District of Washington
- Member, Greater Spokane Incorporated, HR Employment Law Policy Committee
- Presenter - Columbia Basin SHRM, Washington's New Paid Sick and Safe Leave Law: What to Expect, Oct. 2017.
- Presenter - 2017 Witherspoon Kelley Annual Employment Law Conference, Washington's New Paid Sick and Safe Leave Law, Oct 2017.
- Presenter - Witherspoon Kelley, Spokane's Earned Sick and Safe Leave Ordinance: What to Expect, Mar. 2016.
- Presenter - Inland Northwest AGC, Disability and Religious Accommodation Issues in the Workplace, Feb. 2016.
- Presenter - National Business Institute, Advanced Employment Law, Responding to EEOC and State Agency Charges, Dec. 2015.
- Panelist - Witherspoon Kelley, 1st Annual Labor & Employment Law Review & Preview, Employment Law Legal Update, Oct. 2015.
- Presenter - Northwest Human Resource Management Association (NHRMA), Annual Conference, When Accommodations Collide!, Oct. 2015.
- Presenter - Spokane County Bar Association, Employment Law CLE, Washington Employment Law Review & Preview, Dec. 2014.