Michael F. Nienstedt
Primary Practice: Labor & Employment
- J.D., Gonzaga University, 1976, magna cum laude, Dean’s Award for top scholarship
- B.A., Whitman College, 1967
Mike Nienstedt has been recognized as one of the country’s Best Lawyers in Employment Law by the U.S. News & World Report partner publication, Best Lawyers. Mike regularly advises clients on all aspects of transactions involving the leasing, purchase and sale of businesses, and on employment issues. He has extensive experience with litigation related to his practice.
For over 40 years, Mike has represented local and national companies in Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho, focusing on business and employment law. Prior to entering private practice, he served as a law clerk for the Honorable Charles Powell, United States District Court Judge. Mike also served as a Captain in the United States Marine Corps.
- Licensed to practice in Washington and Idaho
- Joined Witherspoon Kelley in 1992
Highlights & Achievements
- Maintained an AV Preeminent® Rating for 25 years (1993-2018). AV Preeminent is Martindale-Hubbell's highest possible rating for both ethical standards and legal ability.
- Best Lawyers in America, listed under Employment Law
- Top Lawyer as listed in Labor & Employment
- AVVO rating 10.0
- Spokane Area Chamber of Commerce, former General Counsel and Director
- Salvation Army, former Advisory Board Vice Chair
- Human Resources Committee of the Idaho Association of Industry and Commerce, former member
- Finance Committee for former Congressman George R. Nethercutt, Fifth District of Washington
- Inland Northwest Council of the Boy Scouts of America, Executive Board Member