Michael L. Loft
Primary Practice: Business & Corporate
- J.D., Gonzaga University, 1978
- B.A., Washington State University, 1975
Mike Loft’s practice emphasizes secured transactions, creditor strategies, and business and agricultural law, including water rights. He is equally at ease in the fields of transactional work and litigation. Mike has extensive experience in business litigation, representing lenders in state and federal courts and in bankruptcy cases, and in structuring complex loan workouts. He helps business clients find solutions to an array of day-to-day business law, contract, and real estate issues, and counsels agricultural producers on contract, real estate, lien, and water rights issues.
- Licensed to practice in Washington, Oregon and Idaho
- Mike has been practicing law for 35 years and joined Witherspoon Kelley in 2004
- Moen Industries v. Hull, 251 B.R. 726 (9th Cir. BAP 2000). (Dispute over legal definition of disposable income in bankruptcy)
- Kofmehl v. Steelman, 80 WnApp. 279 (1996). (Seller’s remedies on dispute over default on real estate contract)
- Sorey v. Barton, 82 Wn.App. 800 (1996). (Statute of limitations on disputed claim for overtime pay).
- In Re Oxborrow (represented Co-Trustees in Chapter 11 bankruptcy following collapse of major Washington Ponzi scheme).
- Spokane Chamber of Commerce Education Committee
- Washington Special Olympics Area 9 Advisory Board, former President and Chairperson
- Lewis & Clark High School Parent-Teacher-Student Group, Past President