Erica M. Roberts
Primary Practice: Litigation
- J.D., University of Chicago Law School, 2012
- B.A. in Economics, Willamette University, 2008, magna cum laude
Erica Roberts represents physicians, hospitals, and other health care providers against claims of medical negligence. Erica also represents physicians in licensing proceedings before Washington’s Medical Quality Assurance Commission. In addition to trial practice, Erica has successfully briefed and argued appellate matters in the Washington State Court of Appeals. She has been recognized by Super Lawyers as a "Rising Star" in the State of Washington for the years 2017 and 2018.
Erica received her undergraduate education from Willamette University. She then attended the University of Chicago Law School. During law school, she worked as a summer law clerk for the Institute for Justice, Washington Chapter. She also externed for Justice Robert Gordon of the Illinois Appellate Court. After law school, Erica clerked for Justice Jim Johnson and Chief Justice Barbara Madsen of the Washington State Supreme Court.
Prior to joining Witherspoon Kelley, Erica practiced medical negligence defense at Floyd, Pflueger & Ringer in Seattle.
- Licensed to practice in Washington
- Joined Witherspoon Kelley in 2018
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- United States District Court, Western District of Washington
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Washington State
- Washington Women Lawyers
- Washington Health Care Risk Management Society
- Washington State Society of Healthcare Attorneys
- "Medical Malpractice Case Law Update," Washington State Society of Healthcare Attorneys Spring Conference (2016)
- "Supreme Court Update: Attorney-Client Privilege," Floyd, Pflueger & Ringer (2016)
- "State Supreme Court: Compelling Briefs and Arguments," Floyd, Pflueger & Ringer (2014)