Daniel E. Finney
Primary Practice: Banking & Finance
- J.D., University of Washington, 1988
- B.A., University of Washington, 1985, cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Dan Finney’s practice is primarily focused on representation of financial institutions and other lenders in a wide range of matters including commercial real estate financing, banking operations and special credits.
Dan has over 25 years of experience in loan documentation, workouts, collections, foreclosures and bankruptcy. He has extensive experience in commercial real property leasing, representing both landlords and tenants. Dan has also represented media clients in connection with First Amendment, news-gathering and access issues.
Licensed to practice in Washington.
- Joined Witherspoon Kelley in 1988.
- University of Washington Law School Alumni Association Service Recognition Award, 2004
- Multiple Sclerosis Society, Norman Cohn Hope Award, 1995
- Dan has documented more than 1,200 loans secured by commercial real estate for various lenders in an aggregate amount in excess of $1.1 billion. Representative work includes:
- $30,750,000 Acquisition and redevelopment loan for retail center in Lewis County, Washington
- $25,575,000 Acquisition and renovation loan for office building in Spokane County, Washington
- $25,320,000 Construction loan for assisted living facility in Pierce County, Washington
- $23,175,000 Construction loan for apartment complex in King County, Washington
- $15,840,000 Construction loan for hotel in King County, Washington
- $10,850,000 Construction loan for medical building in Spokane County, Washington
- University of Washington Law School Foundation Board, 2012-Present
- Educational Loan Foundation Board, 1990-2009
- Multiple Sclerosis Society Board, 1989-1995
- University of Washington Law School Alumni Association Board, 1993-2002
- Cup of Cool Water Board, 1995-1999
- First Presbyterian Church Board of Elders, 1990-1993, 1998-2001
- Camp Spalding Board Counsel, 2007-present
- Homes Without Boundaries, Board Member, 2004-2008
- Hogar de los Niños Board, 2003-2008