Michael D. Currin
- J.D., University of Idaho, 1984, summa cum laude, Idaho Law Review Notes & Comments Editor
- B.A., University of Washington, 1976
Michael Currin practices in the areas of general business, banking, commercial real estate and debtor-creditor issues such as bankruptcy, and assists financial institutions with regulatory, credit and operational issues. Michael is frequently invited to speak at events sponsored by the Washington State Bar Association and other sponsors on topics like lender liability, and regulatory and financial issues.
Michael serves as general counsel to several financial institutions, unregulated lenders, and other business entities, including a regional wholesale auto auction company. He has assisted financial institutions in bidding to redeem TARP-preferred shares, chaired the Executive Search Committees of client financial institutions looking to hire a new CEO, and led other attorneys in the firm in the restructure of a $55 million credit facility for a vertically-integrated agricultural processing company. Subsequently, Michael represented the same company in a $75 million sale.
He has also represented numerous landlords in commercial leasing transactions and documented several billion dollars’ worth of real estate loans in the years leading to the recession – with zero documentation errors.
- Licensed to practice in Washington
- Joined Witherspoon Kelley in 1984
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Western Agricultural Credit School, adjunct faculty
- Frequently invited to speak on real estate finance issues at Washington State Bar-sponsored events
- Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association, Probate and Trust Section, former Real Property Council Executive Committee member
- Washington State Bar Association, Business Law Section, former Third Party Legal Opinion Committee member
- Better Business Bureau, Board Member
- Downtown Spokane Partnership